Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Filling in History

I keep holding off from blogging because I want to try to play "catch up". I am going to use this blog to document our family's life and I want to start from the beginning. But given that Brian & I met almost 12 years ago now, it seems crazy that we could attempt to document our life together. So, as time goes on, I may try to post some pictures/anecdotes from the past. For now, I'll give the short summary. Brian and I met at Lehigh University in my senior year and his junior year. He likes to remind me on a daily basis that I am "significantly older" than him (as in, 9 very long months older than him). We had our first date on March 30, 1999. We rented the movie "Six Days, Seven Nights" and watched it together. Brian graduated with a degree in Civil Engineering while I graduated with an undergraduate degree in Mathematics and a graduate degree in Economics. We dated for 2.5 years before getting engaged on November 8, 2001 and were engaged for 1.5 years before getting married at Lehigh on May 24, 2003. Here are a few pictures from our early years together. When I think back to the idea that we got married when we were 26 & 25 years old, it seems crazy to me - we were so young. At the same time, I love that we have known each other for so long and have these pictures together from our college years. We have had years of adventures together and I hope to scan more pictures from the past and post them over time. We've been together since before the days of digital pictures, so there is a lot of scanning to be done!



No comments:

Post a Comment