Monday, July 14, 2014

Keuka Lake 2014

I say this every year but our weekend at Keuka Lake is by far one of the best weekends of each year.  It is our "happy place".  Everything about it is incredible - the family, the scenery, the food, the memories.  And our kids just love it.  It's the perfect setting for them - calm waters they can stand in, all of the water toys you can imagine, boating, kayaking.  We are able to get away from everything and just enjoy our time there.  

Onto the photos.  I think Evan did this below over 200 times over the course of the weekend: 
Cousin jumps:
Eric and I kayaking:
Evan and Brian kayaking:
Nana with Eric and Kaylee:
Water guns:
More kayaking - this time Colin with Morgan along with Lily out for a swim:
Family photo:
Cousins!  It's nice for Eric to have a cousin who he looks like:
One of the highlights of the weekend was my first attempt to swim across the lake, equipped with wetsuit and swim cap . . . looking good:
Brian cheered me on from a kayak while Cliff & Karen followed me in the boat taking photos:
It took awhile but I made it to the other side!
After which, Cliff and Karen gave me the kayak they had been towing for Brian & I to kayak back across the lake to their house:
The crew back on the dock waiting for us to return:
Annual tubing:
More water guns. In this photo, they were continuously watering their basket full of rocks:
 Swimming with noodles as evening approached:
Other highlights include night-time swimming for Evan & Morgan by light of campfire (after 9:00 PM) and water-skiing in the POURING rain on Sunday just to make sure we got our skiing in for the year.  No cameras at either of those two events but they were definitely memorable.

Thanks as always to Karen & Cliff for hosting us - we can't thank you enough!  And to Janet & Vinnie who constantly helped entertain the kids so that Brian and I could do things like swim across the lake and go kayaking.  I was even able to finish one of my bucket list items - reading "Gone with the Wind".  The summer just keeps getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment