Wednesday, September 28, 2011

They just don't make 'em like this anymore . . .

I consider myself a fortunate person to come from a large family because families like this aren't too common anymore. My father is the oldest of 8 children and I'm the 2nd oldest of 21 grandchildren. We recently gathered together to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday. All but 1 aunt and 2 cousins are in the photo. It's not too often that we all get together like this. What is more shocking is that everyone in the family lives in northern NJ with the exception of the black-sheep of the family here that lives in Pennsylvania! It was a great day to celebrate and get to catch up with everyone:
My dad and his brothers & sisters and their mom:


Why this photo? These little girls are 5 months apart in age. Amy, in the front, is my youngest first cousin. Grace, in the back, is my oldest first cousin's daughter. Happy 90th Birthday Nanny!


We will all get to celebrate together again at our cousin Elizabeth's wedding in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment