Friday, May 30, 2014

A Visit to San Francisco

On the morning of my and Brian's 11th wedding anniversary, I boarded a plane alone to visit Jessica in San Francisco.  I had been looking forward to this weekend for quite awhile and it was perfect!  After my first flight was cancelled, I landed about 3 hours later than planned.  I got off the plane and the sightseeing began.  We headed to the beach with a view of the Golden Gate bridge:
Up to a hiking trail not far from the bridge:
Along the trail:
After the first night in San Francisco, we headed to Santa Cruz for a night.  And not far from Santa Cruz, Walt and I went on a zip-lining excursion through the redwoods.  Here we are standing on a platform about 100+ feet up in the air and this is how much tree there still was above us:
Walt zip-lining:
Here I'm hanging off the platform from about 120 feet in the air (can't really tell the depth from this picture):
We got to cross a rope bridge as well:
Walt & I crossing the bridge:
More of the scenic coastline:
The next day, back in San Francisco, we toured more sights and got some views of the city from Bernal Heights Summit:
Onto the "painted ladies", made famous by the opening credits of Full House (one of those ladies was unfortunately under construction):
Cartwheel shot, of course:
And one of Jess's pictures near the bridge:
What a fantastic weekend away.  Couldn't have done it without Brian taking care of the kids for the long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment