Thursday, October 1, 2015

4th of July & Evan's First 1-Mile Race

For the 4th of July, we were able to head to Cranford and take part in the annual race which happens on the morning of the 4th.  Last year, I ran the 4 mile race for the first (and maybe last) time.  This year, Evan, Brian and I ran the one-mile fun run together . . . or I should say, we intended to run it together.  Evan went out to a fast start and I kept warning him to slow down and take his time, that we had a long way to go.  Eventually, I let Brian and him go ahead of me, figuring I'd catch up to them when he ended up slowing down.  Well, sure enough, he never did slow down and I never did catch up!  Matthew ran it too and beat all of us.  Here the cousins are before the race:
Running by my parents house on Springfield Ave:
Very proud, with their ribbons
 And a collage of the day:
And here is Eric in his red, white and blue for the 4th:
Since my parents are considering selling their house in the next year, that may have been our last 4th of July on Springfield Ave :(

No comments:

Post a Comment