Monday, August 22, 2011

Utah - Day 1

Thanks to our wonderful parents who took great care of Evan, Brian & I were able to get away for 5 days to the mountains of Park City, Utah. Many people gave me an odd look when I told them we were going to Utah for our summer vacation, but this was right up our alley - mountains, hiking, fresh air, relaxation - a little bit of everything for the two of us who are not quite "beach-people".

As you can imagine, I took a ton of pictures. So I'll try to write up each day separately so as not to put 50 pictures in one post.

On day one, we woke up with absolutely no agenda. It was so unlike me to not plan anything, but I haven't had much free time lately, so we said we'd figure it out when we got there. On day one, after sleeping in to a very late 5:00 AM, we hit up Park City's Main Street for lunch. Park City was an old mining town and Main Street is such a cute little street with tons of shops and restaurants:
We had lunch at Bandit's, which served BBQ. The sandwich and fries below were out of this world:


Next, with no plans, we decided to go ahead and drive to Wyoming because . . . why not? We had nowhere to be!


We got out on the side of a major highway to take goofy pictures:


Brian striking a cowboy pose:


After posing by the sign, we headed to Beaver River State Park in Wyoming for a small hike:


This picture just said "Western America" to me. There was a large elk below the American flag, which we got much closer shots of a few minutes after this:


Here was the big man on campus - he was HUGE:


These two guys were not far behind, though they let the big man lead the pack:


A butt shot:


Some bison . . . after seeing this scene, I kept on singing "Home, Home on the Range" in my head for days to follow. Even though there is no mention of Bison or Elk in that song, it perfectly summed up what we saw in Wyoming.


Next up, we returned home to shower and get ready for dinner. But first, we attended a sushi class that our resort offered. Again, why not? Well, I have to say I was a semi-professional sushi roller on my first attempt. Yes, this was my first try:


There are not many things that I'm better at doing than Brian, but I think it's safe to say that sushi-rolling is one thing I'm better at as evidenced by Brian's sushi below:





Following sushi class, we headed to a sushi restaurant to finish off our meal.



And that concludes day one. To be continued . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment