Thursday, March 22, 2012

First Week at Home

The first week at home has been a whirlwind. The week started out rough, with Eric being awake all night and sleeping all day. He is still sleeping most of the day, but is also sleeping at night (waking up every 3-4 hours to eat). Here he is on his first full day at home, actually awake during the day for a few minutes:This is a picture from the hospital that I forgot to include in my last post. It's Eric's friend Chase, who is 2 weeks older than him. If their parents have anything to do with it, these two will be great friends:
Over the weekend, the Weiss family came to visit - my parents and my sister and her family. The warm weather allowed for the boys to get outside to play for awhile:
My adorable nephew Matthew:
A sleeping Eric:
Eric's first bath. He still can't be bathed in the water yet, so it was just a sponge bath and he wasn't overly excited about it: He was less excited about getting dried off afterwards:


And here we are taking the frog-chair picture for each month of Eric's first year. Look at those skinny legs:
And a closer up view:

So far, Eric has been easy-going once we got the sleep straightened out. But he is still very much a newborn who hasn't quite "woken up" yet. Once he does, I'm sure things will get a little more difficult. In the meantime, Brian and I enjoyed a few lunch dates this week since it's very easy to get out with a baby who just sleeps all of the time. Now Brian is back to work and I'm on my own for a day before Nana & Papa come tonight to help out Friday-Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment