Monday, March 19, 2012

Welcome to the world Eric Brian Felt

We woke up on Tuesday, March 13th knowing that we'd be meeting your new family member. We got to the hospital at 8:00 AM and, by 10:00 AM, the doctors had attempted to flip the baby out of the breech position to no avail. By 10:45, I was being rolled into the operating room to begin the c-section. To say I was nervous is an understatement. But Brian was calm, cool & collected as always. Here he is in his scrubs getting ready to go into the OR: And here I am, looking just a little nervous:

All in all, the actual c-section itself was not as bad as I thought it would be. I did have some issues with the anesthesia and losing some extra blood because I wasn't clotting properly. But at 11:06 AM, Brian was asked to peek over the curtain to announce that the baby was a BOY! I had been thinking this baby was a boy all along, so it wasn't too much of a surprise for me. But here he is, just out of the womb:



Brian getting to cut the cord:

7 lbs, 2 oz:
Getting to meet my new son for the first time:Brian getting to hold our new addition:

All three of us:In the recovery room, Dede & Pops got to meet their new grandson:

Once we moved into my permanent room and I came off of the drugs, I was able to actually hold my little man:With Dede (I'm looking EXHAUSTED at this point):There are his stats: 7 lbs, 2 oz; 20.5 inchesClose up in the bassinet:Nana gets to meet her new grandson:We hadn't officially decided on a name (for boy or girl) before the baby arrived, but we were fairly certain the boy's name would be Eric. I am the one who wanted "Brian" as the middle name, though Brian wasn't so sure of it. Eventually he agreed and we officially decided on "Eric Brian" for his full name:On Thursday, Aunt Megan came to meet her newest nephew:After a long 3 nights in the hospital, it was time to go home on Friday. Here Eric is all dressed in his going-home outfit:Close up:In the carseat:And heading to the car:Get ready for a million more pictures in the coming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment