Thursday, January 24, 2013

Something to get me through the winter . . .

In the middle of this frigid cold spell, there is one thing reminding me that the warm weather is not too far away.  Our trip to Spain and Portugal for our 10th anniversary is keeping me busy at night - planning, planning, planning.  I LOVE it.  I really should have been a travel agent - I thrive on planning itineraries, finding the best deals on hotels (and no, that does not mean the cheapest) and figuring out what we're going to see each day.  Brian says I'm like a drill sergeant when we go away because I want to see EVERYTHING humanly possible.  Our itinerary is usually jam-packed with no time for a rest.  And as much as I like to think this trip will be different, it's probably not going to happen.  There is just too much to do and see and not enough time.  Here are some of the things I'm looking forward to.

Below is a picture of the courtyard of our little boutique hotel in Seville.  There is a roof-top jacuzzi for relaxing (if we get a chance to do that) and the hotel lends out bicycles for free, so I envision us taking the bikes out for a ride.  Let's see if that actually happens.
We will spend a day on the beach in the Algarve region of Portugal.  This will be the view from our hotel.  It's Sedona-meets-the-Atlantic-ocean.
And when we get to Lisbon, we are staying in an old palace which has been converted to a 5-star hotel.  
Four months and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment