Monday, April 8, 2013

Eric's 1 Year Photos (just about a month late)

Busy times at home this past month so I am long overdue for Eric's 1 year old post and stats.  First of all, the past year has gone by faster than I could have ever imagined.  I feel like it was just yesterday that we took this photo in the hospital and now he's 1!
Eric had his 1 year appointment and weighed in at 18 lbs, 8 oz (with clothes on), which put him at the 12th percentile.  His height is 2 ft, 3.75 inches . . . which put him at the 0 percentile.  If he doesn't grow taller in the near future, we'll be off to endocrinology to have his growth hormones checked and to make sure there is nothing more going on to hinder his growth.  His head, however, remains large at the 60th percentile.  At home, Eric is a lot of fun - full of smiles.  He is VERY active and into a lot of things.  I forgot how exhausting a 1-year-old can be!  It wasn't too long ago that Eric was the "easy" one and Evan was more difficult.  There's definitely been a role reversal lately.  Bath time with Eric is fun . . . if you like getting completely soaked from head-to-toe.  He climbs anything and everything he can find - he likes to keep us on our toes :)  He is definitely a momma's boy and I hope it stays that way!  He loves spending time with his brother - one of my favorite parts of the day is the drive home from daycare when Evan and Eric smile and giggle at each other in the back seat.   Now that the weather is getting warmer, I believe Eric will love the outdoors as much as his brother.  And he loves his dog, Lily.
We took Eric to get his 1 year photos and he wasn't too happy.  We had to work for these photos and if you look closely, you can see the tears in his eyes.
Here was Eric's 12 month frog picture.  Getting him to sit still for this photo was nearly impossible:
And I couldn't find a way to put all 13 frog pictures together into a collage, so I've broken it up into two collages: 0-8 months and 9-12 months.
I have to say that 11 months was probably my favorite photo of the bunch:
And I haven't done one of these in awhile, but here is an Evan and Eric comparison at the same age.  To me, they still don't really look like brothers - I still see all Felt in Eric and all Weiss in Evan:
I can't believe how fast a year has gone and I can't wait to see what the next year brings!  

No comments:

Post a Comment