Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Kids Say the Darndest Things

So while Evan has arrived at the Terrible Two's, it is also so cute to see how his brain is starting to really work to put things together.  The other morning, he was coloring with crayons.  The one in the center of the page is a cheap one that just doesn't work well.  As Evan was trying to color with it, it wasn't working - no green showing up at all on the page.  He looked up at me and said to me "Mommy, this needs batteries".  Because anytime a toy stops working, we tell him it needs batteries.  I just started laughing.  He had the right idea!
Another funny story.  The other day I was eating dinner and eating a LOT.  I looked at Evan and said to him, "Mommy is a pig, right?" as a joke.  And he looks at me and says "No, Mommy is a COW".  Brian almost choked on his food.  To go further, Evan then went onto say that "Daddy is a horse".  And there is only one way Brian took that ;) 

I look forward to getting to document more of these cute sayings as the year goes on because I have a feeling this is just the beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment