Thursday, July 26, 2012

Things I never thought I'd know . . .

Before having a little boy in my life, I couldn't have imagined a day where . . .

I'd know each one of these cars' names, could speak in their accents and wouldn't mind watching them over and over and over on television:
I'd know the theme song to Thomas ("They're two, they're four, they're six, they're eight . . . ") and could tell you which one of these green trains is Emily (left), Henry (middle) and Percy (right):
I'd be able to tell you which one of these trucks is a backhoe and which is an excavator.  And that a little part of me gets excited now when I see a bus . . . even if it's when I'm driving in the car by myself.
Having a little boy has opened my eyes to lots of new experiences.  Some are expected . . . like Evan already giggles every time anyone passes gas.  And some are unexpected . . . like finding joy in buying matchbox cars for Evan.  I won't lie that I am going to miss never getting to enjoy watching The Little Mermaid with a daughter of my own. But my eyes are being opened to a whole new world of boy things and it is a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment